MANKATO, Minn. – (8:30 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation is lifting the road closures and no travel advisories from Interstate 90 and most state highways in southcentral and the southwest corner of Minnesota at 9 a.m. today.
A few highway segments will remain closed but are expected to reopen later today. Drivers are encouraged to check www.511mn.org for current road condition information before they travel.
MnDOT urges motorists to use caution while driving as roads are completely or partially covered with snow and ice; blowing and drifting snow are expected to continue through today. Motorists are advised to reduce speeds and drive according to conditions.
- Check www.511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store for road condition information, travel alerts
- Stay alert for snowplows, which turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They also may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow. Don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Don’t drive distracted.
Stay connected, informed